Friday, June 17, 2011

Uhhh... where'd the sun go?

Madainn mhath my fine blogger friends!

I've still got a bit of the sore throat from the stupid flu thing I had last week (Boo to the flu!)

Really I'm procrastinating... silly really - I have stuff to do, but my brain seems to be in park mode.

I'm looking forward to going a wee shopping jaunt with mum - usually a one-day event per year (on the run up to Christmas) but she asked if I would... so I will ^_^

Looking forward to seeing Green Lantern... (if I can convince Kai - that will happen tonight :P) Ryan Reynolds... *rwar*pounce*!

Anyone who's not been watching the news has missed the Alberta riots - hockey fans went crazy after a game... what's up with that? I thought the old firm games created hostility occasionally - but nothing on that scale.... as a relatively non-follower of either hockey or football, I don't really relate why it was send people crazy. Get it together people!

Here's one of the hundreds of links on the news sites about the violence... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004127/Young-girl-faces-baying-mob-hundreds-trash-car.html

On the other end of the scale, you can see why people are protesting over in Greece and why people are getting to the stage of lashing out - Stories like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13801650 makes me feel appreciative that I've got a job and that I live in the UK.

Oh, and for those youtube geeks out there... they've brought back the Watched icon if you've seen stuff you've subscribed to or friends have liked... I kinda liked that feature... small, but informative. :)

Little update - Green Lantern tonight is on! Woot! Can't wait!

No comments: